Week 5 Tips for Race Day and Recovery By Phil Nash
Week 5 – Tips for Race day and Recovery By Phil Nash – Barwon Heads Triathlon 2020
From all of us here at 13th Beach Health Services we would like to congratulate you on making it to the start line and participating in the Barwon Heads Triathlon. If you are a first time triathlete or even a veteran of the sport, preparation and recovery is vitally important.
When it comes to preparation the biggest tip we can give you is keep your routine exactly the same as a normal training session. That being said it’s wise to get into good habits in the weeks leading into the event. Other handy tips include:
– Book a Remedial Massage, Osteopathy, Podiatry or Physiotherapy appointment to sort out any niggles leading into race day.
– Stay well hydrated 2 – 3 days before race day.
– Eat a healthy and well balanced meal the night before. (We would recommend a bowl of pasta full of complex carbohydrates to soak those muscle full of Glycogen)
– Get a good nights sleep the night before.
– Know your Race day nutrition plan.
– Have all your equipment and clothing ready and packed.
– Make sure you wear your lucky socks!!
– Post race once you’ve caught your breath, recovery starts.
– Use water in as many forms as possible. eg Rehydrate, Recovery swim, Ice bath & Contrast bathing (hot/cold).
– Try and eat some form of food within 30 minutes of finishing. (We know this may be difficult)
– Celebrate and enjoy your wonderful achievement!!!
Don’t missthe fantastic opportunity to come and see our wonderful team of therapists who will be providing a complimentary post-event massage service to ease those hard working muscles of yours.
If you need a quick getaway after race day and miss the opportunity to see us at the tent, don’t hesitate to call and book an appointment on 5254 2668 to sort out any post event niggles and soreness.
Good luck for the race, embrace the challenge. We will be cheering you all on from the sideline and who knows you might even see a few of us out on the course putting in the hard yards with you.
Please watch our Osteopath Phil as he goes through some tips for race day and recovery.
For any other concerns, don’t hesitate to contact our friendly team at 13th Beach Health Services to book your appointment with Phil please call us today on (03) 5254 2668 or book online.
Remember – Show us your registration email for the Barwon Heads Triathlon and you will receive 10% off your consultation.
Make An Appointment
Call or make an appointment to have your questions answered by friendly, knowledgable professionals, we look forward to meeting you.