Spiced blender batter buckwheat pancakes you can prep the night before!
Who doesn’t love pancakes for breakfast with minimal preparation and mess?! With this simply yummy recipe you can have the batter ready to go the night before, so you can snooze for a little bit longer.
Spiced Blender Batter Buckwheat Pancakes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blackberries
- The night before you wish to cook your pancakes, add all of the ingredients to a blender, and process until a smooth batter forms. If you are adding additional fruit to your mixture, add these before blending. N.B: This will add more moisture, so you may need to add a little extra flour.
- Place batter in a sealed container in the fridge overnight. Alternatively, you can start cooking straight away.
- When you are ready to cook, place a pan over a medium heat. Melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, pour in ½ cup of pancake mixture. Once the centers of the pancake begin to bubble and the edges are set, flip and cook for a minute on the other side.
- Repeat this for the remaining mixture.
- Once all pancakes are cooked, serve with fresh fruit, yoghurt and syrup!
Tip: experiment with other flavours – 1 teaspoon of orange zest in the batter is delicious!