Clothing: Have your tri-suit, swimwear, wet suit and/or exercise clothes ready to wear. Consider a practise run in this clothing to ensure comfort and function before the tri.
-Bike: Recently serviced and tyres pumped up
-Helmet correctly fitted
-Running shoes and socks: Consider elastic laces
-Hat/sunglasses if required
-Race number/spare safety pins
-Vaseline: for chafing
-Pre/during/post tri nutrition: food/snack
-Medication: Eg asthma inhaler
– Wake up early and eat a light breakfast at least 2 hours before start time. Eat only familiar, easily digestible foods.
– Drink plenty of fluids the days leading up to the triathlon. In the 2 hours prior to the start time, continue sipping as needed. Make sure you visit the toilet before start time.
– Register the day before the event or get to the race early to register to ensure you aren’t rushed before start time.
– Arriving early will allow you to secure a good spot in transition. Ideally, this is a spot at the end of the rack, close to the bike in/out area. Make a mental note of landmarks near your bike or use a bright towel so that your area stands out.
– Set up and organise your gear in the order of use- run through what each transition will look like in your mind
– Do a gentle warm 45 minutes before start time. Get in the water 15 minutes before the start for a quick warm up. Be at the start line 5-10 minutes before the start time.
– HAVE FUN!!