Stretching the ITB is slightly different from stretching other muscles, as the ITB is a thick, fibrous band rather than an elastic muscle.
1. Stand upright and cross your right leg behind your left
2. Lean slightly forwards and to your left side until you feel a stretch on the outside of your right leg
3. Lean on a chair/wall if needed. Hold for 30 secs
4. Repeat 3 times
5. Change legs, cross your left leg behind the right, hold for 30 secs
6. Repeat 3 times
7. Stretch twice daily, before and after exercise