As the temperature has dropped many of us start to crave more warming and comforting foods.
To help you maintain your health and fitness goals during this seasonal change, here is a great dinner idea which the whole family will enjoy!
Chicken and Vegetable Risotto
Tip: replace chicken with feta cheese for a vegetarian version.
Pre: 5 minutes
Cooking: 20-30 minutes
Gluten Free – Dairy Free
- 500g chicken breast
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 2 cups mushrooms, flat, button and/or brown
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, skin removed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock salt reduced
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. EV olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees, toss chicken breast with olive oil and bake on a lined baking tray for 15-20 minutes until cooked, shred with a fork.
- Rice: in a food processor add the mushrooms, carrot, zucchini, celery, garlic, onion and olive oil and blend until coarsely chopped.
- In a saucepan, sauté the mixture until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and 1 ladle of hot stock and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Keep slowly adding all of the stock until desired consistency is reached.
- Once cooked add parsley and season to taste.
- Spoon rice into serving bowls and top with shredded chicken